the works |
EXPRESSIONS TO AVOID
During A Recording Session
- Ready, Freddie (pronounced red-eye fred-eye)
- Bingo, gringo
- Uno, Bruno
- The phones sound O.K. but I need more of myself
- We won't need a click
- I like what you're trying to do but not the way you're doing it
- An excellent first attempt
- Was that the sound you had on the demo?
- Make the click louder
- That was a pretty good take for this time of night
- If you want the tempo any brighter than that, we better wait for a sunny day
- No dynamics? We're playing as loud as we can
- I think that's a pretty good sounding take for what were getting paid..
- That was great, let's do it again
- Is that about as tight as you boys want to get it?
- Is it possible the click is speeding up?
- I'm at the point where I'm making dumb mistakes - before I was making much smarter mistakes
- So many drummers, so little time
- Why don't we do the double first and the lead will be easier to get once we've got the double
- I never had this problem when I was being produced by Lenny and Russ
- We got some things, we need some things
- Punch in at the section
- You can't make ice cream out of shit
- You can't polish a turd
- Just let your spirit soar
- My spirit's already sore from the last thirty takes...
- Less is more
- Less is Paul
- Less is Brown
- Less is less
- That's the way I've been playing it all along
- I just wish I could get a whole band that sounds as good as I do
- This will be a great opportunity for me to show off my chop
- Let's hear the bass, if you can call it that
- Play something Paul would tell Linda to play
- Does your amp have an underdrive channel?
- You can erase that one, I remember exactly what I played
- We'll catch that in the mix
- You guys can fix that in Soundtools, right?
- I brought my kid along, he's never been in a recording studio before
- My girlfriend sings great background vocals
- I know a great drummer
- You guys want to try some heroin?
- Your girlfriend's been in the bathroom a long time
- Please, man, stay away from my faxes, okay?
- I'm not going to be any more dishonest with you than I am with Donald
- I'd like a little more of a live feeling on this tune.
- I also play eleven other instruments
- Sorry I'm late, I just got through with my blood test (or CAT scan)
- That vocal's not a keeper is it?
- That's how I wrote it but that's not how I like to play it
- I can't think of any improvements that won't make it worse
- That ground loop is a trademark thing for me
- That's the new old comp from today - I want to hear the new old comp from last Tuesday
- That reverb would sound a lot better if it were coming out of a piece of MY GEAR
- How bout we get rid of these 3M machines and get ourselves a frozen yogurt machine
- Roz Shrank on line one for you
- Skunk called, he's on his way down
- The frozen yogurt machine is broken
- When was the last time we worked together? Tonight.
the works |